Dev Ops Engineer (Carlsbad, CA)
Annai Systems is looking for a talented and motivated DevOps Engineer to join our growing technical team in San Diego. We are growing fast and expect you to grow and learn with us as we expand on physical and virtual infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working with our product management, engineering and sales teams to develop and administer a cloud solution leveraging bleeding edge technologies, such Hadoop, Spark, Docker and Ansible. You will be mentored by senior developers and learn our business, technical and operational requirements in developing our purpose-built cloud solution supporting genomics research. The work will span networking, cloud infrastructure (IaaS), applications (SaaS) and platforms (PaaS).
What We Offer
- Collaborate with passionate and talented colleagues
- Benefits of a young company: competitive compensation, great benefits and equity
- Freedom for creativity and personal growth
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support an always-available Private Cluster SaaS platform.
- Support and maintain our Private Cluster.
- Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Learn how to develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from hardened images.
- Using and improving monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that we exceed our SLAs.
- Assist developers in debugging application issues by using tools and querying log files.
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
- Contribute to the creation of system support documents.
- Learn how to leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad hoc basis.
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
- Ability to learn on the job and explore new technologies while working closely with the development team to ensure delivery of a quality application.
- Ability to learn and deliver on tasks in an agile way.
- Self-motivation and self-discipline to get the job done on time.
- A passion for providing excellent service to all internal and external customers.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 year of professional work or internship experience.
- Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS).
- Automation and/or scripting experience for Continuous Delivery.
Our Wish List
- Experience with file systems such as Hadoop and GlusterFS.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, YAML, SQL, HTML, XML
- Configuration and deployment management with Ansible (experience with Puppet or Chef also a plus).
- Experience with cluster management and monitoring tools, such as Grafana, Mesosphere, or ELK.
- Experience with continuous deployment systems like TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.
- Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as EC2 and S3 (a strong plus).